Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 49 - Oct 15

The last day!!! Sadly, the last day in Tokyo, so we took off in the morning to get to the hot springs in Hakone. What an experience. After our spa time we took off back toward the city: one bus, 3 train transfers later made it to Ginza and the home of a delicious eel grill. After our eel we wandered the Ikebukuro district in search of a hostess gift hopefully in time to make it to our flight. We bought our present, ran, dropped it off, grabbed our bags, and took off toward Haneda airport. Boarding the last train we could finally relax and think about the craziness of the trip.


In my short time here I've come to love Japan and Tokyo specifically, it's really been amazing seeing a culture where courtesy and empathy are first and foremost.  From the clean streets to the smog-less air and perfectly clean water it was a nice break from the humidity and heat and craziness of Hong Kong. Easily one of my favorite cities, I cannot wait until I can go back to Tokyo, hopefully this time being much more capable in Japanese. (also will have to step my style up big time to fit in)

Hakone
eel!

No comments:

Post a Comment